Sunday, April 28, 2013

how YOU can get INVOLVED :)

Hey Everyone!!
          I’m so excited about this summer and what God has in store for me. I know that after I come back I will not be the same. The thing is, I cannot do this by myself. I will be needing GOD"S help and YOURS. Here is all the information:
          I will be living in Mae Sot, Thailand for six weeks, from June 18th-July 31st. I will be going with Kingdom Inc. on the Journey trip through their Campaign program.
Kingdom Inc. is a non- profit organization. While some time will be spent in schools, churches and villages, other time will be spent working the business; which is their restaurant named Famous Ray’s Burger and Fries. The restaurant helps with three things: 1) Burmese people can be hired and paid a fair wage, 2) profits are used to fund projects in Burma, and 3) profits are used to fund support long-term missionaries in the community. Depending on the stage of development of the restaurant, work may be required to keep it running or the next phases of development (a guesthouse or other such endeavor) can be started.
         There are four major emphases: Ministry (to advance the kingdom of God by following God’s commission to heal the sick, cast out demons, raise the dead, disciple, teach, etc.); Work (we will continue the business development of the restaurant, working in the schools, churches, etc.); Study (One of the foundational pieces to The Journey is teaching and discipleship. We will dive into the Bible, Spiritual Formation, Entrepreneurial Business, Cross-Cultural missions and a host of other information conversations. We’ll read, research, debate and work to discover more of who God is.); and Live (Community is an integral tool for personal growth. We live inspired to grow and become who God’s created us to be but realize that growth comes through stretching, learning, and feedback. We’ll set aside time to play, worship, and just be together as a family).
         I am so stoked about this trip! Through the whole process I can tell that there is a difference in my relationship with God. I’m already being stretched and I know there is more to come, and that’s okay because I’m not supposed to be comfortable. I have to put my faith and trust in God. There is no way I cannot do with this trip without Him.
         This is where YOU come in! The truth is, I need all the support I can get. I need to be lifted up in prayer but I really need people like you to support me financially. I estimate that the trip will be around $5,000 (Trip: $2,250, Plane ticket: $2,000+, and temporary insurance: which I'm not for sure yet) and I have until JUNE 10TH to turn it all in. I know it's a lot in a short amount of time that is why I need YOUR help. Thank You for always supporting me!! Love You!!
        
How YOU can donate:
         Give online: at the right of my blog there is a button that says "Make A Donation" right underneath the Support Me, that will lead you to my Paypal account. 
         Mail checks:
Kingdom Inc. P.O. Box
98438 Atlanta, GA 30359
Memo-Nichole Rodriguez
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE

*If you have any questions email me at: rodrigueznichole86@yahoo.com. Or Facebook me: Nichole Alicia Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment